There’s a big cultural shift in the making. With the help of technology, women are shaking up the social and economic dynamics of our future — and at Spave, we’re spreading the word.
Spave has applied to speak about these big developments in culture, tech, and finance at SXSW 2024, which will run from March 8-16 in Austin, Texas, this coming year. We’ve planned a panel discussion that will bring together some of the biggest rising stars and female leaders in the fintech space to discuss the intersection of women’s purchasing power, conscious consumerism, and the disruptive force of technology.
Discover the Economic Influence of Women & Technology
In the one-hour talk we’ve proposed for SXSW, Spave and our partners will explore how modern dynamics are reshaping philanthropy, fostering social impact, and transforming the way we view finance. Aspiring women in the tech industry will be able to listen in and discover how their focus on diversity and escalating the social good is really making a difference.
Our panelists are eager to discuss all the ways that today’s technology can serve as an empowering tool, enabling women to amplify their influence in philanthropy and challenge the traditional models of giving. Here are a few of the pillars of the conversation we’re planning to bring to SXSW 2024:
- Key Takeaway #1: Women increasingly spark influential change in tech and finance. Once male-dominated, collaboration & empathy now drive success in these industries.
- Key Takeaway #2: How next-gen women in fintech are disrupting the game and creating a ripple effect of success by bringing a fresh perspective, purpose & perseverance.
- Key Takeaway #3: Explore tech’s role in propelling philanthropy & conscious consumerism — and how purpose-driven economics gives back to communities.
To understand how we’ve arrived at these takeaways, you’ve really got to hear the talk! Together, we will unlock the potential for women — and all conscious consumers — to drive positive change by leveraging their economic influence.
Meet Our Panelists!
- Sarah York, Spave: At the Chief Experience Officer at Spave, Sarah spearheads the tech and marketing solutions that make Spave possible, from CX strategies and metrics to financial outcomes. She’s proud to head to SXSW representing the first and only all-in-one financial wholeness app that focuses on giving and inspiring social good — at a company founded by a female entrepreneur and humanitarian!
- Nicole Cassier-Mason, Lemonade Day: Nicole is the CEO of Lemonade Day, a national youth-focused nonprofit program based in Houston. She’s a native Houstonian with a strong background in humanitarian work. Nicole spent nearly 12 years at New Hope Housing, Inc. as vice president, fund development & communications, in addition to previous roles as the Development Director at The Heritage Society in Houston, and as an Event Coordinator at Houston Mayor’s Office of Special Events.
- Nicole Casperson, Fintech is Femme: Journalist. Podcast host. Founder of the media brand, Fintech Is Femme. Nicole is a lot of things — and she’s leading the charge to create an equitable and diverse industry as a trusted source of news, insights, and analysis with over 60,000 industry professionals subscribing to her podcast and newsletter.
- Jenny Fernandez, Fernandez Strategic Communications: Jenny is a marketing executive and leadership coach with over twenty years of experience managing Fortune 500 and Global multi-million dollar organizations — such as Mondelez International, Kraft Foods, Merlin Entertainments, Accenture, and currently Loacker. She’s also an Adjunct Professor of Marketing at Columbia Business School, Columbia School of Professional Studies and New York University.
How to Vote
SXSW PanelPicker is a user-generated session proposal tool that helps the Conference determine who will appear and speak at the event. With its easy two-step online voting process, you can make your voice heard and help determine which SXSW sessions will ultimately be programmed for SXSW 2024.
Spave has already entered our speaking proposal, which takes on the cultural and financial forces at work in today’s fintech industry and reveals the role that women are playing in the future of technology and philanthropy. You can vote for our proposal here during the community voting period from August 8 to August 20, 2023 — there’s no time to waste! — to help us get selected to speak at the SXSW Conference this coming year.
Browse proposals, leave comments, and cast your vote for Spave today!